Belonging to Sichuan Cuisine, “Fried shredded pork with green peppers” is a home cooking dish that being much welcomed in China for its easy cooking and flavor of spicy, which performs as one of the most frequent dishes on Chinese dining tables. It is a dish that can be met in almost all restaurants of all cities due to the enormous popularity of Sichuan Cuisine in China.
The cooking method and required ingredients of “Fried shredded pork with green peppers” are very simple, of which the ingredients are mainly referring to only a few green peppers and pork. It would be an ideal beginner dish for those willing to learn Chinese cuisine.
- 5-7 green peppers
- 200-300g pork
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A small piece of ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons of edible oil
- 1 tablespoon of starchy flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (light)
- 1/6 glass of water
- Wash the pork to clean and cut into julienne with 4-5cm length.
- Place the pork julienne into a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of starchy flour, 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar into the bowl, stir them evenly, and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- While the pork is under marinading, wash the green peppers and cut them into green pepper julienne, then chop the garlic and ginger.
- Heat the wok, put in edible oil, then pour the chopped garlic and ginger into the wok. Upon the heat of the wok, pour the marinaded pork into the wok and stir-fry quickly.
- Pour green pepper julienne into the wok after 20 seconds’ quick stir-frying of the pork, following by adding the remaining seasonings: salt, soy sauce, and white sugar, ending with adding 1/6 cup of water, then continue stir-frying for another 2-3 minutes before serving.